V.D. SWAMI AND COMPANY PRIVATE LIMITED was incorporated in 1956 as a Private Limited Company with Late Sri. V.D. Swami, Sri. M.V. Subramaniam and Late Sri.T.S. Narayanasami as the first Directors of the Company. Right from its inception, the Company became an authorized Importer and Trader of Iron and Steel under the aegis of the Iron and Steel Controller of the Government of India. Gradually, the Company set itself out as one of the pioneers in the export of prime as well as fabricated steel from the country in the early 1960s. It made for itself such a mark in the export field by inventing and supplying testing equipment to the Bhilai Steel Plant for carrying out the special type of test as per International Standard requirements, Using Country craft that it won the excellence in export performance in the very first year of the Institution of Awards way back in 1966. V.D. Swami and Company Private Limited continues to keep up its performance on exports as a leading exporter by helping number of large, medium and small scale industries to find export market for their products by way of direct as well as indirect exports.
V.D. Swami and Company Private Limited has also various divisions such as Engineering Equipment & Erection Division, Indigenous Trading Division, International Trading Division which deals with not only Exports but also IMPORTS as Marketing Agents for several manufacturers of steel and other related goods for reputed manufacturers in the world.
V.D. Swami and Company Private Limited has Head Office, its Branches, Resident Representatives and Godowns at the following important Cities / Towns in India.